TRAVEL INSURANCE POLICY
For foreigners visiting Halong Bay in Vietnam with V’Spirit Cruise
Insurance service provider: Vietnam Insurance Corporation (in brief: BAOVIET)
Premium Tariff and Insured amounts
For person: Maximum indemnity USD 5,000.00/person
I. General provisions
1. Subject to the provisions provided thereafter, Vietnam Insurance Corporation (in brief: BAOVIET) undertakes to insure foreigners (including Vietnamese who resident overseas) traveling Halong Bay with V’Spirit Cruises (hereinafter called the Assured) include: All Tourists who come to Halong Bay in Vietnam with V’Spirit Cruises.
2. In case the Assured engages in exploration, dangerous performance, cycling, rock climbing, boat-race sport and games of professional nature as mountaineering, surf-riding… the Assured is only insured provided that an additional premium required by him has been paid to BAOVIET as specified in the “Premium tariff and insured amount”
Article 2: The Assured who is insured under these Regulations shall still have the rights to enter into and enjoy other classes of insurance.
II. Scope of Insurance
Article 3: BAOVIET shall within the scope of this insurance cover the Assured for the following risks:
– Bodily injury or death caused by accident during the drive and cruise of V’Spirit Cruises on the cruise dates.
– Illness or death not caused by accident during the drive and the cruise of V’Spirit Cruises on the cruise dates.
Within the meaning of these Regulations, an accident which has occurred, due to an external event, beyond the will of the Assured suddenly affecting his body and is a proximate and direct cause of the death or bodily injury that the Assured suffers from.
Article 4: BAOVIET shall not be liable for:
1. Risks arising from the following direct causes:
a. Willful violation of law, regulations, rules of travel agency, of local authority at the place of travel, by the Assured.
b. Willful act of the Assured or his heir-at-law
c. The Assured is under the influence of alcohol, beer, intoxicating drugs, a narcotic or other stimulants and likewise.
2. Expenses incurred in accordance with the Article 10.2 in the following cases:
a. The Assured falls ill with mental disease or is pregnant (except in case of miscarriage consequent upon accident), or give birth.
b. The Assured is going to treat for wound or illness already before this insurance come into force.
c. Treatment or use of medicines which is not in accordance with the prescription of the physician.
IV. Contract of Insurance, period of Insurance, Premium and insurance amounts
Article 5: The insured amount specified in the Policy shall be the maximum limit of liability of BAOVIET to be applied to bodily injury or death of the Assured.
1. In case of proposal for extension of the period of insurance, the Assured has to pay an addition premium prior to the expiry date specified in the Policy.
2. If the Assured’s journey is behind schedule in comparison with the period of insurance expected due to typhoon, flood, fire, earthquake or road, bridge, means of conveyance being damaged, the period of insurance specified in the Policy shall be automatically extended until such journey has ended without paying additional premium. However, this lasting duration shall not exceed 48 hours. If the above duration has expired, the Assured has to notify the nearest office of BAOVIET or V’Spirit Cruises in order to consider insuring continuously, computing additional premium or suspending the insurance, subject to each concrete case.
V. The rights of Assured
1. Should the covered accident results in the Assured’s death or permanent total disablement, BAOVIET shall pay the total insured amount mentioned in the Policy.
“Permanent Total Disablement” shall within the meaning of these Regulations includes loss of one leg and one arm or loss of both legs or both arms or loss of sight of eyes. “Loss of limbs” shall mean physical cutting of a hand or a foot and total and irrecoverable loss of use of arm or leg.
2. BAOVIET shall pay necessary and reasonable expenses to the Assured consequent upon accident or illness within the scope of insurance, but not exceeding the insured amount specified in the Policy, including:
a. Expenses for ambulance service and medical expenses during the period of treatment in Vietnam.
b. Board and room charges in hospital during the period of treatment in Vietnam at the rate of 0.20% of the insured amount per day.
c. Expenses for the Assured’s repatriation in case of not treating in Vietnam, such expenses include:
– Hire cost of ambulance car to the Airport for homeward journey.
– Costs for additional seat, accompanied medical appliances and medicines (in case of emergency).
– Hotel and travel expenses for an attendant as necessitate tocare for the Assured when repatriating at the request of the director of hospital where the Assured is treating due to dread state of wound or illness.
d. Should the Assured die for reason not relate to the accident, BAOVIET shall only pay expenses for inhumation or cremation in Vietnam or homeward transportation expenses for the Assured’s corpse and baggage.
Article 8: Should the Assured die or sustain permanent total disablement within 180 days from the date of occurrence of the covered accident due to direct consequence thereof, BAOVIET shall pay the balance between the insured amount specified in the policy and the sum which has been paid beforehand.
VI. claim Procedures
Article 9: When the covered risk occurs, the Assured or his representative is required:
1. To give notice thereof to V’Spirit Cruise office in Hanoi within 24 hours.
2. To implement all the instructions of BAOVIET or V’Spirit Cruises
When requesting the payment of medical expenses, repatriation expenses, the doctor appointed by BAOVIET shall be given permission to have the Assured’s health examined at any time when required.
Article 11: The amount of indemnity shall be paid to the Assured or person who is given authorization by the Assured. Should the Assured die, the legal heir shall be permitted to receive such amount.
Article 12: When proposing the payment of claim, the Asssured or his representative or his legal heir shall furnish to BAOVIET or V’Spirit Cruises, within 30 days from the date on which the Assured leaves hospital in Vietnam or dies (but not exceeding one year from the date of occurrence of the covered risk), the following documents:
In case of the Assured suffers accident or illness:
– Accident Report on circumstance of death or bodily injury.
– Medical treatment certificate issued by medical center.
– Receipts for payment of medical expenses, repatriation expenses and others.
– Death Certificate and Certificate for legal heir (in case of death)
3. Other documents concerned at request of BAOVIET
In case the Assured authorizes another to receive the amount of claim, a letter of attorney shall be supplemented.
Article 13: Where there are signs showing the dishonesty of the Assured or his heir in the implementation of these Regulations, BAOVIET shall have the rights to refuse the payment of claim partly or wholly according to the extent of infringement.
Article 14: The Assured’s or his legal heir’s rights of claim against BAOVIET in respect of the payment of claim shall cease to operate after the lapse of one year from the date of receipt of the notice in settlement of claim from BAOVIET.
VII. Settlement of dispute
Article 15: Any dispute in connections with this Policy which cannot be settled by negotiation between the parties concerned shall be referred to the Court of the province or city of the Socialist Republic of Vietnam for decision.